Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting Key Token of a Signed Assembly

To obtain the public key token from strong-named and signed assembly, I normally use the Reflector tool to view it. Lately, I discovered that you can get the key token from the Visual Studio.NET IDE tool, too. Here are the steps

1. Open Visual Studio 2005, click Tools -> External Tools...
2. Click Add and enter the following inputs

Title: Get Public Key
Command: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\sn.exe
Arguments: -Tp "$(TargetPath)"

* Uncheck all options, except Use Output window\

After clicking OK, go to the "Get Public Key" in the Tools Menu.



And you would get the public key as well as its token in the OUTPUT WINDOW.

8 comments:

Joe said...

I couldn't help but notice that your blog title would throw a parser error, I like it but you should throw an underscore between Alvin_Chooi, you probably already know and don't care but I couldn't help myself. Cheers :)

宜潔宜潔 said...

正妹麻將 網路正妹電視台 正妹聯合國 正妹牆宅宅版 正妹日報成人版 制服正妹 正妹牆強力版

Shalini said...

Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your.
Digital Marketing Company in India
Seo Company in India

Mahalya sree said...

I simply couldn’t depart your site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information an individual supply in your visitors? Is going to be again steadily to check out new posts.
Office Interior Designers in Coimbatore
Office Interior Designers in Bangalore
Office Interior Designers in Hyderabad

Hema said...


you are giving a very interesting post and it is usefull.
informatica training in chennai

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great article which is about getting key token of a assembly .keep more updates.
SEO Company in India

Nicole Bolton said...

I’ve been browsing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful worth sufficient for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you did, the net will be a lot more helpful than ever before.
Manufacturing ERP
RFID Solutions
Athletic Management Software
Logistics management software

Unknown said...

I have really happy to these reading your post. This product control and maintenance of our health.The daily routine can assist you weight lose quickly and safely.My life is completely reworked once I followed this diet.I feeling nice concerning myself.

Herbalife in Chennai
Herbalife Nutrition Products
Wellnesscentres in Chennai
Weight Loss in Chennai
Weight Gain in Chennai